27 September 2022
Industry: Mining & Quarrying
Job category: Engineering, Technical, Production and Manufacturing
Remuneration: Market Related
EE position: No
Ivanhoe Mines is looking for a suitably qualified and experienced Document Controller to join our dynamic team in Sandton.
Purpose of the Job
Ensure the implementation of an effective document control system for Ivanplats.
Key Responsibilities and Related Tasks
- Ensure the document control system for Ivanplats is well structured and set up for both current and short-term project activities.
- Ensure a practical and effective document control procedure is available for implementation.
- Liaise with Sandton and site Document Controllers in the development of the system and procedures.
- Implementation of the system and procedures on site by training site staff.
- Maintain effective communication and document transmittals from Sandton and Projects office to site and other necessary stakeholders.
- Electronic filing of documentation and transmittals from site and other stakeholders.
- Conduct regular inspections and audits on the effectiveness of implementation and compliance to procedure.
- Report findings and recommendations to Sandton and site management for attention.
- Maintain the integrity of an effective document control system.
- Establish document control and archiving standards for inclusion into the procedures.
- Develop the document control system further as the project develops in terms of applying industry best practice.
- Effective document numbering system with revision control.
- System to cater for drawings and large files.
- Sort historic documents into the system.
Strategic Objectives/Key Performance Areas (KPAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Controls issuance of document numbers, including maintenance of proper document registers for the department.
- Prepares and maintains logbooks for the project.
- Ensures proper document classification, sorting, filing, and proper archiving.
- Prepare reports and performs file back up to ensure proper storage.
- Quality Management Certification
- Document Imaging System and MS Office.
Minimum skills required
- Document Control.
Ideal skills required
- Computer literacy.
- Preferably knowledgeable in document control systems. 2 years’ work experience.
- Good command of written & spoken English and ability to prepare reports and statistics.
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic and diverse setting.
- Adhere to the occupational health and safety standards set by the company.
- Comply to ISO9001