A position has become available for an Instrumentation Technician to join our team at Kamoa Copper SA, based in the Democratic Republic Congo.
The safe design, installation, repair and maintenance of instrumentation equipment required in several areas at once (i.e., electricity, electronics, computer science, mechanics). He will connect machines to operate an entire infrastructure (e.g., pipes, hydraulic or pneumatic cylinders, relays). He will work according to plan and must be very careful to reproduce it faithfully.
Key Performance Areas
- Participate in projects and develop new control plans
- Perform calibrations and periodic checks of equipment
- Ensure the reliability, accuracy and repetition of measuring instruments
- Develop and implement the optimisation method of control loops to ensure the stability and reactivity of systems
- Provide maintenance and verification
- Perform preventive and curative maintenance
- Make adjustments and repairs when equipment breaks
- Locate faults and determine the causes
- Perform calibration and maintenance of instruments in instrumentation
- Make improvements to process equipment by modelling and upgrading level if necessary
- Perform other related tasks requested by his superior
- Understand basic electrical and mechanical engineering principles
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles of energy efficiency
- Apply problem-solving strategies
- Understand basic electronic theory and components
- Demonstrate an understanding of fault-finding techniques on field instrumentation
- Read and interpret instrumentation drawings.
- Demonstrate knowledge pertaining to basic health and safety principles in and around the workplace
- Demonstrate an understanding of the uses and safety aspects associated with flammable energy sources
- Perform basic fire fighting.
- Contribute actively to the training, professional development and adaptation of Congolese workers in accordance with the laws and regulations in force in the DRC.