IVANPLATS (Pty) Ltd, a subsidiary of Ivanhoe Mines, is advancing the development of its world-class palladium-platinum-rhodium-nickel-copper-gold project in the Limpopo Province near Mokopane. This unique mineral deposit will be exploited using large mechanised state-of the- art underground mining methods, deploying the latest technology to develop this “mine of the future”. Suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to apply for the Cost Controller position that is based at the Sandton Head Office.
- Monthly forecasting update meeting with Project Controls Manager
- Monthly reports & dashboards
- Reconciling procurement cost with procurement operating plan.
- Capturing payments against correct cost centre by ensuring payments get allocated correctly and required documentation is checked, signed (by relevant parties)
- Capturing change notices to ensure correct change reason get captured
- Creating, maintaining and reporting on the project incurred and forecasted costs
- Supporting the setup and issuance of cost reports, including cost control curves.
- Assist with Project Procurement
- Supporting the development of Final Forecast Cost and proactive identification of risks and mitigation.
- Supporting compliance with standardized processes, systems and tools.
- Maintaining relationships internally with the Procurement to ensure accuracy
- Analyzing and reporting budget and cost variations proactively.
- Preparing and producing required project cost reports.
- Preparing forecasts, cost trend reports and monitoring cost and commitment to budget and forecast
- Finalize costing of all detailed estimate line items using base lined project control budget) in order to establish package budgets
- Assign budget for procurement packages, perform budget reconciliation or scope and pricing and produce reconciliation statement to support recommendations for award.
- Forecast project contingency requirements, escalation
- Establish project baseline cost
- Participate in the trending and change management process and incorporate approved trends into the project estimate at completion
- Update and maintain budget with approved project purchase orders
- Produce and review cost report and analyze variances.
- Update budget, commitment, forecast, payment and cost statement for monthly report
- Manage and control the approved Cost Budget Estimate within the WBS. Accurate cost reporting, budget/actual/forecast
- Manage and control all change notice within is work package
- Reconcile Cost Tracking Sheet (Cost Track) with internal accounting system (JDE)
- Produce accurate monthly cost control reporting information
- Produce monthly dashboards highlighting any cost over/or underruns
- Capture all contracts placed and manage commitments/paid to date/approved variation orders/forecast to complete
- A Degree in Accounting / Financial Management
- 8 years experience within the Mining/EPCM industry Extensive experience in Cost Tracking Software
- Experience with JDE will an added advantage