Kamoa is looking for a suitably qualified and experienced Foreman, Water Sealing to join our dynamic team. Purpose of the job (Reason why the outcomes of this specific job are required) Sealing of the ground water flow into the workings at Kakula. Significant inflow can be expected when geological structures are intersected. The purpose of the sealing is to minimize this inflow, reduce pumping expenditure, and lower the risk of flooding.
- Safe declaration of the workplace
- Pre- work risk assessment and application thereof
- Apply all safety instructions and KCSA standards and procedures in the workplace
- Ordering of the required consumables and equipment for the specific task
- Maintaining sufficient stock and reordering in timely manner.
- Safe storage of consumables and chemicals on site
- Servicing equipment.
- Inspect declines for water influx and prioritize areas to be sealed.
- Planning of monthly sealing targets and tracking progress daily.
- Comply with the Standard procedure of drilling and application of product.
- Mark up hole locations, coordinate drilling with the mining contractor, assure quality of drilling, and measure quantity of water flow from holes.
- Organize labour and equipment, supervise installation.
- Organize labour and equipment.
- Organize transport of people and equipment up and down the Mine
- Ensure quality and organize follow-up sealing.
- Physical training of DRC workers so as to transfer the required skills to the workforce.
- Maintaining equipment and materials
- Sufficient chemicals in stock. Equipment kept in good order
- Ensure drilling is done correctly and safely
- Holes marked up with depth and direction, drilling coordinated with mining contractor, inspect holes, and measure water flow
- Ensure injection pipes are installed correctly and safely
- Labour is organized, injectors installed properly
- Ensure sealant is injected correctly and safely
- Labour is organized, ensure pumping done to the correct pressures, monitor potential collapse of walls due to pressure pumping, check quality and organize follow-up holes
- High School qualification
- Certificate in grouting
- Certificate in chemical sealant injection.
- Certificate in TSL application
- Training in the use of the silica based water sealing chemicals.
- At least 10 years in senior role in grouting and water sealing, including one year in the use of silica based chemicals
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage a team of workers.
- Ability to organized procurement of materials.
- Ability to liaise with mining contractors.