A position has become available for a Medical Doctor that specialises in Trauma to join our team in the DRC.
Perform major surgical and lifesaving procedures, Manage all medical and trauma emergency, Assist with anesthesia when necessary.
Key Performance Areas
- Coordinate theatre activities and perform surgical interventions in case of emergency and during elective procedures.
- Once agreed to and signed off by the Head of Health, develop and implement clinical guidelines and surgical standard operating procedures according to international standards.
- Provide technical advice to the Head of Health during the development of the on-mine hospitals and clinics in terms of surgical medical equipment, medical supplies, staffing and training requirements.
- Work solely in IsoMetrix
- All patient records, audits, inspections, to be done using this system.
- Observations, findings, actions to be managed using this system.
- Manage all meetings and communications, with minutes, through IsoMetrix.
- Ensure that all legal Obligations are monitored using the Legal Register and Compliance module within IsoMetrix, in direct consultation with the Kamoa Legal and Corporate Affairs team.
- Audit surgical equipment continuously, present a gap analysis and propose strategies to close the gaps whenever required – using IsoMetrix.
- All checklists to be conducted directly into the IsoMetrix system.
- Perform medical procedures as would normally be required from a doctor in this position, including trauma, surgical and clinics patients’ management.
- Initiating community health campaigns.
- Ensure adherence to all relevant local laws and regulations.
- Participate in a monthly roster and rotation throughout all Kamoa medical facilities
- Ensure skills transfer to junior doctors, to nurses and paramedics.
- Foreign country
- Language obstacles
- Traumatic events
- May have to enter work places on a mine