4 October 2022
Industry: Mining & Quarrying
Job category: Cost Accounting
Remuneration: Market Related
EE position: Yes
A position has become available for a Cost Accountant to join our dynamic team, based in Sandton.
To control budgets & forecasts and produce monthly reports.
Key Responsibilities and Related Tasks:
- Produce monthly cost reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide financial reports to Investors and assist with ad hoc reports as required.
- Manage the cyclical budgeting and cost forecasting process.
- Review actual costs and provide variance analysis.
- Support Budget Holders to address unacceptable cost variances.
- Provide individual cost estimates and analysis as required by Kipushi Copper Management.
- Pre-approval and cost control of project commitment.
- Provide forecasts and cash flow analysis
- Manage the cost report and provide regular updates on financial position
- Build intricate spreadsheets to enable fast and accurate data manipulation of large datasets.
- Extract data from several sources, transforming it to fit operational needs
- Reconcile data to support complete accuracy and create a clean audit trail.
- University degree/diploma – Financial Accounting or Quantity Surveying
- Qualification in Project Management
- Qualification in Cost Engineering (e.g. AACE)
- 5 – 10 Years Cost Engineer experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Team work
- Diversity orientation
- Ethics and integrity
- Good with cost calculations
- Good interpersonal relations
- Function well under pressure
Closing date: 04 October 2022
Should you not hear from us after 20 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.